I love working with other ambitious driven entrepreneurs. I enjoy thinking strategically and putting guiding values into action. I’m a big fan of simplicity and making things happen.
I’m a big fan of simplicity. i.e. Thinking about what’s really important and writing/sharing/talking about that.
Although not everything in life is simple. Complex problems with priorities pulling different ways require a conversation, not a simple solution. I strive to strike the most productive balance of simplicity and depth of understanding.
My Development Philosophy
Go is the perfect balance of being fast and compiled, with the simplicity of python. Go enables me to write the best code I ever have.
I believe in writing clean, well documented code. This doesn’t just mean “add comments.” It means
- Naming functions accurately and concisely
- Writing interfaces that are consistent and clear in functionality
- Writing documentation in and out of the code (README, API docs, etc)
- Documentation that is simple and skimmable
- Documentation from the perspective of the reader (How to do this…)
- Documentation that shows (examples) and explains (english)
- Following 12factor.net (for web apps / APIs)
- Containing functionality in libraries that are combined and built into a project
- Libraries that allow very simple usage, with optional additional complexity
You can see my work at my Github Projects
I don’t write many posts, but I have some: